Luke at our Campsite in Homer

Luke at our Campsite in Homer

Thursday, August 5, 2010

On the Road Again

It is with mixed feelings that we'll be saying "Good Bye" to Anchorage in the next few hours. The next leg of our trip takes us down the Kenai peninsula and through pristine national forests as we make our way towards Homer.
It will be a beautiful trip with scenery unparralelled to what we have previously seen. And while I'm excited to be out of the rat race of Anchorage, the thought of leaving "civilization" behind is a bit unnerving. I know there are plenty of towns along the way, and thanks to Walmart and Safeway, Kodiak is civilized. But still I'll miss being able to shop all the sales, try new crazy restuarants like the one we went to last night. ( It was called "Humpys" it's this great bar/dinning area that was totally packed with people. they had over 50 different beers on tap and excellent seafood dishes. I would highly recommend it to anyone finding themselves hungry and downtwon anchorage at the same time.) OH well, I shouldn't be complaining. all kinds of people live in big cities. I didn't come to Alaska to live in a big city. I could have done that in Wisconsin for a fraction of the price.
Besides anchorage has more 1 way streets than Madison and probably the same amount of poverty as Jacksonville Florida. Not exactly a place I'd want to live.- So wet and wild Kodiak, Here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment